TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Sehgal Law PC family of websites (each and collectively, the “Website”) is provided as a service to clients, colleagues, and others for general information only. This information is not designed to provide legal or other advice or create a lawyer-client relationship. You should not take, or refrain from taking action based on its content. Prior results and case studies do not guarantee a similar outcome in future representation. Sehgal Law PC and its Legal Practices accept no responsibility for any loss or damage that may result from accessing or reliance on content on the Website and disclaim, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any and all liability with respect to acts or omissions made by clients or readers on the basis of content on the Website. Rankings and other materials from legal directories and other sources may refer to current Legal Practices or their predecessors. Images of people may feature current or former personnel or models not connected with Sehgal Law PC.
1. Changes. Sehgal Law PC may make changes to the Website and the Content and/or the services described on the Website at any time.
2. Proprietary Rights. The Website and the Content are the sole and exclusive property of Sehgal Law PC and/or its licensors. You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the Website or the Content other than as expressly authorized by Sehgal Law PC in writing. You hereby acknowledge and agree that, as between Sehgal Law PC and you, all right, title, and interest in and to the Website and the Content shall be owned exclusively by Sehgal Law PC. Use of the Website or the Content in any way not expressly permitted by this Agreement is prohibited.
3. Permitted Uses. So long as you agree and comply with the terms of this Agreement, and unless this Agreement is otherwise terminated by Sehgal Law PC, Sehgal Law PC invites you to view and/or print a single copy of the Website and the Content. You agree that you will not remove or modify any acknowledgements, credits or legal notices contained on the Website or in the Content. Special terms may apply to some services offered on the Website and may be posted in connection with the applicable service, feature or activity. Any such terms are in addition to this Agreement and, in the event of a conflict, any such terms shall prevail.
4. Additional Restrictions. You agree not to access the Website by any means other than through a standard web browser on a computer or mobile device. You further agree that you will not damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Website or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of it.
5. About The Information On This Site. The Content available on the Website is intended to be a general information resource and is provided solely on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. You are encouraged to confirm the information contained herein. You should not construe Sehgal Law PC' publication of the Website as a warranty or guarantee of the quality or availability of any services.
6. Links To Other Sites. The Website may contain links to websites operated by other parties. Sehgal Law PC provides these links to other websites as a convenience, and use of these sites is at your own risk. The linked sites are not under the control of Sehgal Law PC, and Sehgal Law PC is not responsible for the content available on the other sites. Such links do not imply Sehgal Law PC’ endorsement of information or material on any other site and Sehgal Law PC disclaims all liability with regard to your access to and use of such linked Websites. Maps used on our website are published by Google, and sourced under an open license. The boundaries and names shown and the designations used do not necessarily imply the expression of opinion on the part of Sehgal Law PC or its personnel in respect to the legal status of any geographic region, frontier, or boundaries.
7. Links to Sehgal Law PC.com. You must not link to Sehgal Law PC’ website without a written agreement between you and Sehgal Law PC authorizing you to do so.
8. Trademarks. Unauthorized use of any Sehgal Law PC trademark, service mark or logo are prohibited, and may be a violation of applicable trademark laws.
9. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability.
a. THE WEBSITE AND ALL CONTENT ON THE WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS IS” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SEHGAL LAW PC MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE WEBSITE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR VERIFYING ANY INFORMATION BEFORE RELYING ON IT. USE OF THE WEBSITE AND THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
b. SEHGAL LAW PC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING ALL NECESSARY PRECAUTIONS TO ENSURE THAT ANY CONTENT YOU MAY OBTAIN FROM THE WEBSITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL CODE.
c. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, SEHGAL LAW PC DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND FURTHER DISCLAIMS ALL LOSSES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, OR THE GOODS OFFERED OR SOLD THROUGH THE WEBSITE, EVEN IF SEHGAL LAW PC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10 Indemnity. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold Sehgal Law PC, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, members, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, due to or arising out of your use of the Website and/or breach of this Agreement.
11. Copyright. Copyright © 2021 Sehgal Law PC. All rights reserved. The Website is protected by international copyright laws. Except for your use as authorized above, you may not modify, reproduce or distribute the content, design or layout of the Website, or individual sections of the content, design or layout of the Website, without Sehgal Law PC’ express prior written permission.
12. Notice and Procedures for Claims of Infringement. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide the following information to the Site’s Copyright Agent:
a. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest;
b. A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that you claim has been infringed;
c. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site (providing URL(s) in the body of the communication is the best way to help Sehgal Law PC locate content quickly);
d. Your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address;
e. A signed statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
f. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the information provided in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner’s behalf.
Sehgal Law PC copyright agent can be reached as follows:
c/o Sehgal Law PC
15260 Ventura Blvd, Suite 1200
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
(Please put "Copyright Infringement" in the subject line)
Sehgal Law PC may, in its sole discretion, disable and/or terminate use of a Site or Sites by users who infringe the intellectual property of others.
14. Data Processing. Sehgal Law PC is a “Data Controller” when it processes personal data related to and/or received from our clients and ultimately takes responsibility for managing that data in compliance with applicable data privacy regulations. Consequently the obligation to enter into a “personal data processing agreement” does not apply to Sehgal Law PC and such agreements shall not be signed by us.
a. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck and the remaining provisions shall remain in full force.
b. Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope or extent of such section.
e. Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to this Agreement or the Website must be commenced within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action shall be barred.
f. You may not assign or transfer your rights or obligations under this Agreement without the prior written consent of Sehgal Law PC, and any assignment or transfer in violation of this provision shall be null and void.
g. Sehgal Law PC reserves the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of this Agreement and/or the rules and regulations set forth on the Website, including without limitation the right to block access from a particular internet address.
What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
User-supplied information: If you fill out the “contact” form on this website, we will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). We only require that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, "Sensitive Information"). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and we will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to us through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that we may respond to your inquiry. We may also use information you provide to us to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs: When you visit our website, we may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on our sites. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information we may collect include:
your unique Internet protocol address;
the name of your unique Internet service provider;
the town/city, county/state and country from which you access our website;
the kind of browser or computer you use;
the number of links you click within the site;
the date and time of your visit;
the web page from which you arrived to our site;
the pages you viewed on the site; and
certain searches/queries that you conducted via our website(s).
The information we collect in web server logs helps us administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user's experience.
Third-party Services: We may use services hosted by third parties, including Adobe Site Catalyst, to assist in providing our services and to help us understand the use of our site by our visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including your IP address or cookies. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to us such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
California Do Not Track: Our web services do not alter, change, or respond upon receiving Do Not Track (DNT) requests or signals in browsers. As described in more detail above, we track user activity using web server logs, cookies and similar technologies. Information collected in web server logs helps us analyze website usage and improve the user's experience. Cookies allow us to offer you a customized experience and present relevant advertising to you.
How is personal information protected?
We take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat our security measures.
Who has access to the information?
We will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and we will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on our behalf or in connection with their relationship with us;
if we are unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, we may refer you and share information you provided us with that party; and
as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of our business assets (for example, if we are acquired by another firm or if we are liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if we believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect our rights or property.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. Contact us via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on our website at any time to:
see what data we have about you, if any;
change/correct any data we have about you;
ask us to delete any data we have about you; and/or
opt out of future communications from us.
This website, ("Website"), is considered "advertising" as defined by § 6157(c) of the California Business Code. The information provided on the Website is offered purely for informational purposes. It is not intended to create or promote an attorney-client relationship and does not constitute and should not be relied upon as legal advice. The Website is not intended to seek professional employment in any state where lawyers in the firm are not admitted to practice, or in any state where this Website would not comply with applicable requirements concerning advertisements and solicitations. Reena Sehgal ("Attorney") is a licensed attorney in the State of California with the office located in Los Angeles, CA.
The Website and its contents are provided “AS IS” and without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied. Your use of the Website is at your own risk. Due to frequent changes in the law, some of the information on the Website may not reflect the current state of the law. Neither the Attorney nor Law Office of Reena Sehgal (“Law Firm”) is responsible for any errors or omissions in the content of the Website or for damages that arise from your use of the Website under any circumstances. No viewer of the Website should act or refrain from acting on the basis of any content included in the Website without first consulting a qualified attorney.
No Attorney-Client Relationship Exists
The use of this Website, and the sending or receipt of information does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Firm.
Any information sent to the Law Firm by internet, email, or through the Website is not secure and is sent on a non-confidential basis.
Any statement, testimonial, or endorsement contained herein does not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the ultimate result or outcome of your legal matter. If any result of any legal matter is portrayed in this Website, please note that the result portrayed in the advertisement was dependent on the facts of that case, and that the result will differ if based on different facts.
Third Party Websites
Any link from this Website to the website of a private, governmental, educational, or other non-profit entity does not state or imply the existence of a relationship between the Law Firm and that entity. The Law Firm is not responsible for the content and accuracy of information contained on third-party websites.
Any inclusion on the Website of material from identified sources is for educational purposes only and is not intended to infringe on the copyrights of the identified sources.
Articles and posts maintained on the Website may be updated after publication.